SBCGlobal (Southwestern Bell Company) is an American company that offers extremely reliable email services. It is the most demanded email service that was launched with a merger between AT&T and Yahoo. Earlier SBC worked as an independent company. But after the merger, it has expanded to SBCGlobal email service. Services of SBCGlobal is managed and controlled by AT&T. Although, most of the SBCGlobal services are now discontinued. However, you can access your SBCGlobal Login email account through AT&T Mail.
In order to access your SBCGlobal account, follow the given procedures.
SBCGlobal Login Procedure
For accessing the SBCGlobal services, you first have to create an account. Once you are done with the account creation process, you can access it by following the given procedure.
- First and foremost, you have to access a web browser on your computing system. You can access any of the web browsers from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. You will get the browser icon on the taskbar which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, go to the official website of the SBCGlobal Login window. For this, you have to visit the AT&T Mail webpage. This will allow you to access your SBCGlobal Email account. So, type “att.net” in the address bar of your browser.
- From the homepage of AT&T Mail, you have to click the “Mail” icon to expand the list. You can locate this option on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Now, click the “Sign In” link provided in the extended list.
- This will redirect you to the ATT Mail login window.
- For SBCGlobal Login, you now have to provide your login details i.e. username and password in the respective fields. In the first field provide the email address that is linked with your account. Then, enter the password that you have created during the account creation process.
- After providing the credentials, you will get an option to stay signed in for up to 2 weeks until you sign out on your own. For this, tick mark the checkbox beside the “Keep Me Signed In” option. In case you are using a sharing system, then SBCGlobal Login suggests you to leave the checkbox unmarked in order to protect your system from unauthorized access.
- Complete the SBCGlobal Login procedure by clicking the “Sign in” tab.
How To Configure SBCGlobal Login Account With Outlook?
MS Outlook is one of the most versatile, widely used, and user-friendly email service. In order to set up your SBCGlobal Login account in Outlook, you have to follow the process given below.
- Firstly, open MS Outlook application on your device. For this, you have to click the Outlook icon.
You will either get the icon from the desktop or by clicking the Start Menu button> All Programs> Microsoft Office> Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Now, click the “Tools” option from the upper-left corner of the screen. This will further expand the list.
- Then, tap the “Account Settings” option from the expanded list.
- In the Account Settings dialog box that appears, click the “Email” option.
- Now, tap the “New..” option.
- This will open the Add New Email Account dialog box. Here, you are required to provide the following details:
- Your Name
- E-mail Address– eg: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password– You have to provide the password that was provided to you by the internet service provider.
- Retype Password
- Now, tick mark the checkbox provided at the bottom-left of the dialog box.
- Then, tap the “Next” option.
- Further, select the “Internet E-mail” option from the available email services.
- After making the selection, click the “Next” tab.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, you have to provide the server information. Here, provide the details mentioned below:
- Account Type– First you have to select the Account Type. For this, click the inverted triangle and select “POP3” from the drop-down menu.
- Incoming Mail server– In the next field, enter the POP3 incoming server i.e. “inbound.att.net”.
- Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP)– Then, type “outbound.att.net” in the SMTP Outgoing server field.
- Once you are done with providing the server settings information, enter the username and password. Here, you have to provide your SBCGlobal login credentials.
- Then, click the “More Settings” option. You will find it at the bottom-right corner.
- In the next dialog box that appears, click Outgoing Server> My outgoing server requires authentication> Use same settings as incoming mail server> Ok.
- Now, click the “Next” tab.
- Once the configuration process gets completed, you will get a completion message window on your screen. In this window, click the “Finish” tab to conclude the process.
How To Transfer Your SBCGlobal Account To Gmail Account?
If you want to transfer your SBCGlobal account to Gmail, then you have to follow the process given below. This will then help you to get all the SBCGlobal mails in Gmail.
Note: Before you begin with the transfer process, make sure that you must have created your account before 11 June 2011. Accounts created after that can’t be transferred.
- Open a web browser.
- Go to the official website of Gmail.
- Sign In to your Gmail account by entering a username and password.
- In your Gmail account, click the “Gear” icon which is located on the upper-right corner.
- From the list, select the “Settings” option.
- In the next window, you have to click the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Further, tap the “Add a mail account” link.
- Now, a dialog box will appear. Here, provide your SBCGlobal login email address.
- Click the “Next” tab to move further with the SBCGlobal account transfer process.
- Then, you have to provide the following information:
- Username- Provide a username for your SBCGlobal Email login account.
- Password- Type the password that you have created for your SBCGlobal account.
- POP Server- Click the inverted triangle and choose “inbound.att.net” from the drop-down menu.
- Port- Change the port settings to 995 by clicking the inverted triangle.
- Now, tickmark the following checkboxes:
- “Leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server”- For preventing Gmail from deleting your SBCGlobal mails.
- “Label incoming messages”- This will enable Gmail to select the SBCGlobal emails.
- “Archive incoming messages”
- “Always use SSL in order to retrieve the emails”
- Finally, click the “Add Account” tab. This will transfer your SBCGlobal mail to Gmail.